Monday, March 6, 2017

3/4 #SOL17 My Big Commitment


There's something about sticking with a commitment...

Commitment. It's something I've struggled with my entire life. Case in point: I'm writing this entry for Day 4 on Day 6. Second case in point: After giving up sweets for Lent, I helped myself to a slice of carrot cake yesterday. Catholic guilt set in, but not enough to stop me from eating it. My laissez faire attitude has been getting to me this week. 

As I sit here trying to write about how I can't commit, I let myself get preoccupied with making the final touches on my wedding invitations. It's then that I stop harping on about my inability to keep something up because I'm reminded that there's one commitment that is undisputedly that biggest commitment of all that I am gearing up for: my wedding. According to my wedding app (that I check far too often), I have 144 more days until I get to marry Tom. He's amazing, but I'll save that for another post. 

It's here that I move on because I'm reminded that I'm committing myself to a man who accepts me even when I'm inconsistent. Today, that's all I need to know. 







3 comments:

  1. Ironic. I was talking to my mom about our productive day and how excited I was about BBKY this summer...and that I was so excited how much you were committing to calendar dates being one who is sometimes non-comittal :-) You know what I think? Committing to Tom is the best decision you've ever made and in turn makes you more committal. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading about Tom. btw I did the same thing one year too -- called them lost slice posts, draped some with Dali watches. Doing that means you are not letting the miss take you out -- and that completion is for yourself not a badge

    ReplyDelete
  3. An idea -- just use the Bart Simpson meme generator to create memes for the missing days of #sol17 posts and post them -- maybe as different Six Word Stories...


    http://www.addletters.com/bart-simpson-generator.htm#.WMBVV5ArIYx

    PS there are also The Simpsons Title Screen, Ransom Note, and Electronic Freeway Sign generators

    ReplyDelete